UltraMeal Features, Top Uses & Recipes
Want to learn more about one of our most loved & versatile products? Read on…
Part of the Nutri Advanced range for many years now, UltraMeal has become an absolute mainstay for practitioners and patients nationwide. Everyone has their favourite flavour and along the way we’ve heard back from you about lots of different uses for this fabulous product and many ways to mix it into a delicious drink too.
Here we thought we’d share with you some of what we think are its best bits! (And since this is starting to sound a bit like a parting speech, we’d like to re-assure all devoted UltraMeal fans that it isn’t going anywhere – it’s definitely here to stay. Phew!)
UltraMeal – What is it?
If you’re one of the few people who’ve never tried UltraMeal, here’s what it’s all about. UltraMeal is a powder formulation that comes in a big tub with a scoop – easy to measure out and mix with water, milk or juice. It’s very different from most powder formulations that you will find on supermarket shelves, which often focus simply on being filling and very low calorie, but with little nutritional benefit. UltraMeal is both calorie controlled and filling but like so many of our products, does so much more besides. It provides a high quality blend of either soy or whey protein (your choice) with a comprehensive array of essential vitamins and minerals too.
- Soy protein for a satisfying, filling drink.
- Low fructose - equivalent to a large apple per serving.
- Chromium – An essential mineral to help support blood glucose levels and macronutrient metabolism.
- Magnesium – One of the most commonly deficient minerals yet involved in over 300 enzymes in the body and used up in high amounts when life is busy. It reduces tiredness and supports bone health too.
- Zinc – Contributes to energy production, cognitive function, fertility, vision and immunity. It also contributes to hair, skin, nails and bone health.
- Selenium – Supports the immune system, thyroid function and protects against oxidative stress.
- B Vitamins – Essential for energy production.
- Vitamin D – Many people are low in this essential nutrient, especially during the colder months. Essential for immunity and bone health.
- Iodine – Needed for optimal thyroid function – the gland that drives metabolism - and commonly low in Western diets. Also contributes to normal cognitive function, energy production and skin health.
UltraMeal – Top Uses!
1) Support a Healthy Weight - Top of the list has to be as a snack or meal replacement to support a healthy weight. A high proportion of soy or whey protein makes this powder formulation very useful as a snack or meal replacement if you’re looking to lose weight. Added chromium supports balanced blood sugar, which in turns helps to support a healthy body composition (fat: muscle ratio).
2) A Nutritious Snack Anytime – No matter how healthy your diet is, or how well organized you are, there are always going to be the odd times when you’re stuck for a nutritious snack and that’s where UltraMeal can be very handy. Being a powder formulation makes it easily portable so you can take it anywhere. I keep a tub at home, a tub on my desk and a serving in a smaller tub in my bag in case I’m out and need something quick. That way whenever I’m ready for a snack and don’t have anything healthy to hand a serving of UltraMeal comes to the rescue.
3) A Holiday Stand-By – Many people pack a few portions in their holiday luggage as a stand by for a late arrival when there’s nothing to eat or as a healthy alternative to less than enticing airport or aeroplane food.
4) Keep Calm – We all know the feeling when a busy day takes over and time to eat seems non-existent. The problem here is that not eating only makes the problem worse, as the body’s sugar levels crash and exacerbate the already escalating feelings of “I can’t cope!” UltraMeal can help to keep you balanced on busy days.
5) Monthly Support – Blood sugar crashes can really exacerbate female monthly ups and downs too, so eating regularly is a good strategy to make sure you aren’t making the situation worse by getting over hungry. With its added vitamins and minerals including B vitamins, magnesium and chromium, UltraMeal is the perfect choice of snack to keep blood sugar balanced and replenish much needed nutrients too.
6) Too Tired to Make a Meal – People struggling with low energy have found UltraMeal to be incredibly beneficial for those times when they’re simply too tired to make a meal. Whilst we wouldn’t recommend relying heavily on UltraMeal in place of a balanced diet, the reality is that in some situations low energy can be so debilitating that many people simply skip meals, which makes the situation even worse. UltraMeal is better than a skipped meal and can be a real lifesaver at times like this - a useful tool on the road to recovery.
7) Recovery After Exercise – Another very common use of this versatile powder formulation is as a recovery snack following exercise. Many people fail to refuel following a training session and miss the vital window when the body needs specific fuel to repair muscles and replenish glycogen stores. For fuelling after exercise mix UltraMeal with fruit juice.
UltraMeal – Top Ways to Mix into a Delicious Drink!
1) The easiest and simplest way to take UltraMeal is with water. Available in vanilla and chocolate flavours.
2) Add a few slices of freshly chopped banana, some frozen raspberries and oat milk to the vanilla flavour for a thicker fruity shake.
3) Vanilla UltraMeal blends well with water, frozen berries and ground flaxseeds / a dash of flaxseed oil or avocado for an extra hit of antioxidants and essential fats.
4) Add a few fresh mint leaves to chocolate UltraMeal when blending for a healthy mint choc chip taste!
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
The Secrets to Bone Strength after 40Lara Pizzorno provides an overview on how you can effectively prevent, or even reverse, osteoporosis with algae-sourced calcium in this free webinar.
6 Simple Steps To Nurture Your GutIf your gut is in less than tip-top condition, ensure that you've checked you're doing these 6 simple steps to nurture gut health & keep it happy.
Can I Take Eskimo-3 & Vitamin D Together?Some of our Eskimo-3 products contain vitamin D, so we are frequently asked whether it's safe to take our Eskimo-3 oils and vitamin D products together.
Leaky Gut: Glutamine, Live Bacteria with Vitamins, Minerals & PhytonutrientsA technical paper outlining how a targeted and comprehensive nutritional formula may offer support for patients suffering from digestive complaints and fatigue.