Top Tips for Short Term Weight Loss Goals
Summer beach holidays have to be up there as one of the biggest motivators for wanting to lose weight. If the thought of summer clothing and swimwear fills you with dread then don’t panic just yet - there’s still time to make a difference. You can make significant and long lasting improvements by making just a few simple changes to your diet and lifestyle. The best thing of all is that you’ll benefit your overall health!
• Set Yourself a Goal that is realistic and achievable in the time frame that you have. 1-2 lbs weight loss a week is ideal so if you have 4 weeks aim for 6-8 lbs overall.
• Get Organized and Plan to Succeed – allocate time to put your new changes into practice and get very specific about how you plan to do this. The more organized and specific you are, the more successful you will be. For example if you plan to improve your breakfast decide exactly what it is you are going to eat and when you will find time to prepare it.
• Eat Regularly – Don’t make the common mistake of cutting out meals and snacks, instead, focus on eating regularly to avoid blood sugar dips and hunger cravings.
• Cut Down Grainy Foods – Aim for just one serving daily of grainy carbohydrates such as bread, crackers, rice, pasta, cereals etc. One serving = ½ cup / 3 tablespoons cooked rice, grains or other cereals OR 1 slice bread or equivalent.
• Include High Quality Protein with every meal or snack – Studies show that protein helps to promote both satiety and thermogenesis (temporary increase in metabolic rate). Protein is essential to support improved body composition. Also, avoid foods marketed as zero fat and instead include healthy fats found in nuts, seeds and oily fish.
• Prioritise Vegetables Over Fruit – Include a wide variety of brightly coloured vegetables in your diet. Keep fruit to just two servings a day. Minimise intake of starchy vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, butternut squash, turnips and sweet potatoes - 1 (3 tablespoon) serving daily. Avoid white potatoes.
• Cut Down Alcohol, Caffeine, Sugary Drinks & Snacks – Both alcohol and sugary drinks and snacks contain plenty of unwanted empty calories, whilst caffeine disrupts blood sugar balance. Keep all to a minimum whilst you are working towards your weight loss goals.
Short Term Weight Loss Supplement Checklist
• Omega 3 fatty acids from pure stable fish oil to support blood sugar balance and healthy weight loss
• Multi nutrient powder shake used as a snack or occasional meal replacement to support blood sugar balance and reduce cravings
• Green coffee, green tea, capsicum and black pepper extracts with vitamins B1, B3, B5 and biotin to boost metabolism
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
Learn more about the different types of vitamin C, the different benefits you get from different types, and what you get for spending more on a good supplement.
In this research review article, we take a closer look at a lesser-known natural compound called myo-inositol that has been found to have significant potential to improve many of the prevalent features of PCOS.
Read the top 10 reasons that kids should have plenty of Omega-3- an essential fatty acid- including for depression, brain function, sleep & reading/maths skills.