Top 10 Magnesium-Rich Foods
If you want to increase your dietary intake of magnesium make sure you include as many of the following foods as possible. These 10 foods contain high levels of magnesium per average serving. For maximum benefits, leafy greens are best served lightly cooked, and seeds / beans are highly nutritious when sprouted.
2. Swiss Chard
3. Beet Greens
4. Pumpkin Seeds
5. Summer squash
6. Turnip greens
8. Sesame seeds
9. Black beans
Zesty Lime Black Bean Dip
Here’s a recipe for a zesty dip that would be delicious served with grilled salmon, steamed spinach and a side serving of quinoa topped with sprouted seeds for a mightily magnesium-rich meal!
You will need
• 2 tins black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup grated carrot
• ½ cup fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
• ¼ cup chopped spring onions
• ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• Freshly ground sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Add the beans to a food processor and blend until smooth
2. In a separate bowl, combine together with the remaining ingredients, stirring well until nicely mixed
3. Leave to stand for half an hour
4. Serve this delicious dip topped with sprouted seeds alongside grilled salmon, steamed spinach and quinoa to really boost the magnesium content.
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
Chronic stress has become a hallmark of 21st century living and is well known to increase the risk of health problems. Find out how to interrupt the vicious cycle and build resilience to stress instead.