How Does A Nutritionist Cope with Holiday Travel?
It’s usually an early start for the airport and often a bit stressful too, as you make the final luggage, passport and money checks before you leave the house. Start the day with a matcha green tea which supports energy and relaxed awareness. If you need something to eat, reach for something which will provide sustained energy and is easy to digest. UltraMeal is a great option at this point, especially if you’re feeling tense. It is a powder formula which mixes well with water and supplies a full range of macro and micronutrients. You can scoop a portion out into a shaker cup before you leave, so you can just add water once you’ve completed security checks. Time to take your daily supplements too:
- UltraMeal – available in a tasty vanilla flavour.
- Multi Essentials One-A-Day – High quality daily multivitamin and mineral supplement
- Eskimo-3 Extra - High strength omega-3 capsules to support daily requirements of beneficial fats
- ImmunoBlast – Comprehensive formula including vitamins A, C, D and zinc to support the immune system, especially important before your plane journey
- MegaMag Calmeze – High strength magnesium and additional nutrients, such as vitamin B6 to help support the nervous system and balance wellbeing, in a pleasant-tasting powder formula
Phew! Luggage checked in! Passports checked! Time to think about some breakfast before you board the plane. There’s a much wider variety of options available at major airports nowadays so it is usually possible to find something relatively healthy. Go for a bircher muesli, berries and natural yoghurt, a small bottle of kefir and a bag of nuts or something egg-based. Make sure you drink plenty of water too, to stay hydrated. Avoid overdosing on caffeinated drinks as these can dehydrate and disrupt your blood sugar levels, which may make you feel anxious, tired and jittery.
Ready to board the aircraft and feeling a bit tense? Compose LT is designed to support feelings of balance and harmony. Compose LT is an innovative and fast-acting product that contains milk protein hydrolysate which may be supportive if you’re finding it difficult to wind down and relax.
- Compose LT – Fast-acting support for balance and harmony
You’re safely boarded and cruising at altitude. Avoid alcohol or anything that’s too salty at this point, as this will further contribute towards dehydration. Make sure you get up out of your seat and move around a few times on the flight. Sip water throughout the flight to maintain optimal hydration.
The only way to have a healthy lunch on a short-haul flight is to get organised and either buy it at the airport or prepare it yourself in advance. Some long-haul flights have marginally healthier options but it’s much better to be prepared so you’re not stuck with eating something you’d rather not. You can usually find a balanced salad at the airport; a Mediterranean mezze-type salad containing brightly coloured salad, hummus, falafel and quinoa, or perhaps a similarly-filled wrap. If you’ve not managed to prepare or find anything, UltraMeal is another good option here to keep you going. Eating a nutritious lunch like this or having a nutritious shake will keep you feeling alert, balanced and hydrated so that when you land you’re ready for the next step of the journey.
- UltraMeal – available in a tasty vanilla flavour.
Safely landed and ready for the next step of your journey. Water is really important at this point to keep hydrated. If you can find coconut water, that’s even better! Keep an apple and a bag of nuts in your bag in case you need something to eat before you arrive at your destination.
Making sure you stay hydrated and optimally nourished throughout your journey can have a huge impact on the start of your holiday. By approaching your journey in this way you are minimizing the stress on your body and reducing the chances of picking up holiday bugs too, so you can just relax and enjoy your time away.
We recommend you continue with your daily supplement regime whilst you’re away to keep on track with healthy habits:
- Multi Essentials One-A-Day – High quality daily multivitamin & mineral
- Eskimo-3 Extra – Ensure optimal daily intake of omega 3s
- Saccharomyces boulardii – Take daily to help reduce the risks of unwanted tummy upsets. No need to keep in the fridge so a perfect travelling companion.
- Ultra Probioplex Duo- Provides 4 strains of live bacteria with Saccharomyces boulardii, blackberry extract and vitamin D. This is a super stable formula that doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge, making it perfect whilst travelling.
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
The Nutri Hour - Using Programmes In My PracticeJoin Mandy Bonhomme and Sam Cornell as they discuss using the full range of Nutri Advanced nutrition programmes in your practice.
Omega-3s Found To Aid Cognitive Function in Children
Read how omega 3 fatty acids, particularly DHA, have been found in studies to aid brain function & show improvements in memory, concentration & social skills...
Supporting Optimal Liver Function: Vitamins, Minerals, Plant Extracts and CholineRead our technical paper and learn about the vitamins, minerals, choline and plant extracts that can help to support optimal liver function.
Why Is Curcumin So Difficult to Absorb?Although turmeric has been used medicinally for more than 4000 years it has a very low absorption rate. We look into why this is and what can be done to improve absorption.
Zebrafish shows Vitamin E is Important for the BrainScientists have studied zebrafish to better understand how the brain works. In their research they were looking at the effects of vitamin E deficiency...