Banana Tea - A Simple, Gooey Sleep Remedy!
Why you can trust Nutri Advanced Every article on our site is researched thoroughly by our team of highly qualified nutritionists. Find out more about our editorial process.
If you’ve ever spent a sleepless night tossing and turning to no avail, you’ll be no doubt familiar with the “I’ll try anything to get some rest” feeling that follows a night of zero sleep. We can’t find any scientific evidence for the effectiveness of this remedy, but monkeys swear by it, so we reckon it’s worth a try!
Bananas (especially the peel) are packed full of magnesium and potassium and it’s likely that the powerful combination of these two calming and muscle relaxing minerals are what deliver this remedy’s sedative effects.
Banana tea – a simple, gooey sleep remedy
You will need:
• 1 organic banana (banana skins can be loaded with pesticides so it’s essential that you choose organic for this remedy)
• 1 small saucepan of filtered water
• A dash of organic ground cinnamon
1. Slice off both ends of the banana and place it (peel intact) into a pan of boiling water
2. Boil the banana for about 10 minutes
3. Use a colander the drain the banana water into a mug
4. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon into your mug of banana water and sip slowly about an hour before bedtime
5. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon over the gooey boiled banana and eat this too
6. Sweet dreams!
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Nutri Advanced has a thorough researching process and for any references are included, each source is scrutinised beforehand. We aim to use the highest value source where possible, referencing peer-reviewed journals and official guidelines in the first instance before alternatives. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate at time of publication on our editorial policy.
Most Popular Articles
Learn more about the different types of vitamin C, the different benefits you get from different types, and what you get for spending more on a good supplement.
In this research review article, we take a closer look at a lesser-known natural compound called myo-inositol that has been found to have significant potential to improve many of the prevalent features of PCOS.
Read the top 10 reasons that kids should have plenty of Omega-3- an essential fatty acid- including for depression, brain function, sleep & reading/maths skills.