Banana Tea - A Simple, Gooey Sleep Remedy!
If you’ve ever spent a sleepless night tossing and turning to no avail, you’ll be no doubt familiar with the “I’ll try anything to get some rest” feeling that follows a night of zero sleep. We can’t find any scientific evidence for the effectiveness of this remedy, but monkeys swear by it, so we reckon it’s worth a try!
Bananas (especially the peel) are packed full of magnesium and potassium and it’s likely that the powerful combination of these two calming and muscle relaxing minerals are what deliver this remedy’s sedative effects.
Banana tea – a simple, gooey sleep remedy
You will need:
• 1 organic banana (banana skins can be loaded with pesticides so it’s essential that you choose organic for this remedy)
• 1 small saucepan of filtered water
• A dash of organic ground cinnamon
1. Slice off both ends of the banana and place it (peel intact) into a pan of boiling water
2. Boil the banana for about 10 minutes
3. Use a colander the drain the banana water into a mug
4. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon into your mug of banana water and sip slowly about an hour before bedtime
5. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon over the gooey boiled banana and eat this too
6. Sweet dreams!
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
Rachel Bartholomew speaks to Nutri Advanced founder and owner Ken Eddie about the company's 40 years in business in this inspiring read.
We look at the science of glutathione, and discuss the benefits of Setria reduced glutathione over liposomal glutathione shown in research studies.