Algae-Sourced Calcium 90 Capsules
Plant-based calcium formula providing natural calcium and magnesium from red ocean algae, with additional boron and vitamin D3.
- 750mg of calcium and 65mg of magnesium, a therapeutic amount to support bone health.
- 1000IU of vitamin D3, the body's preferred form of vitamin D to maximise absorption.
- Vitamin D contributes to blood calcium levels, the maintenance of normal bones and the absorption and utilisation of calcium within the body.
- 3mg of boron which studies show may support bone health.
- Clinical trials have shown algae-sourced calcium is more effective at supporting bone growth than other calcium forms.
- Naturally contains 13 essential bone-supporting nutrients including manganese, phosphorus, nickel, boron and strontium for broad spectrum support.
- Easy to swallow capsules unlike traditional chalky, calcium carbonate supplements.
3 capsules typically contain:
|Calcium (from AlgaeCal®) (Algas calcareas)||750mg||94|
|Magnesium (from AlgaeCal®) (Algas calcareas)||65mg||17|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) (1000iu)||25µg||500|
* NRV is the Nutrient Reference Value
Why choose Algae-Sourced Calcium?
Designed to offer bone health support, Algae-Sourced Calcium provides high levels of key ingredients that support or contribute to the maintenance of normal bones - calcium, magnesium, boron and vitamin D. The algae that is used to derive the calcium is known as Algas Calcareas and studies have found that algae-derived calcium is a more 'bone-friendly' form of calcium as it is easily absorbed by the body and better tolerated than other calcium forms. As it is derived from the sea it naturally contains full spectrum support with a wide range of trace minerals that help support normal bones.
As well as being organic and sustainably sourced, Algae-Sourced Calcium is a lot easier to take compared to traditional calcium tablets that are often large, chalky tablets that have to be chewed.
Clinical studies have shown that this natural form of algae-sourced calcium increases ALP activity - a marker of bone growth - more effectively than calcium carbonate and calcium citrate - see graph below. The vitamin D3 that is also present in Algae-Sourced Calcium is the body's preferred form as it is the same form we naturally produce in response to sunlight so is easier for the body to absorb than vitamin D2.
Effects of algae-sourced calcium (AC), calcium carbonate and calcium citrate on ALP levels (a marker of bone growth)1
How is Algae-Sourced Calcium sourced and is it sustainable?
The Algas Calcareas used in Algae-Sourced Calcium is hand-harvested in an ecologically responsible way.
It washes up on the beach naturally, and is then hand-harvested within 48 hours.
The crop is rotated from beach to beach to be sure not to interfere with the natural cycle of the marine algae meaning Algae-Sourced Calcium offers a natural and eco-friendly way to supplement with key minerals to support bone health.
What other areas of health are supported?
As well as supporting normal bones, Algae-Sourced Calcium contains minerals that support many other areas of the body. Magnesium is often referred to as the 'spark of life' as it is necessary for energy production in the body, as is calcium as they both contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Calcium, magnesium and vitamin D also contribute to the maintenace of healthy teeth as well as bones and normal muscle function. Vitamin D is well known for its role in supporting immune health and the amount delivered is well above the NRV (Nutrient Reference Value) - the daily amount recommended.
Product Code: 6962
1. Adluri RS et al. Comparative effects of a novel plant-based calcium supplement with two common calcium salts on proliferation and mineralization in human osteoblast cells. Mol Cell Biochem 2010 Jul; 340(1-2):73-80.
Orders placed by 2pm Monday-Friday will be despatched the same working day.
Free An Post Delivery on all orders.
Suitable for adults and children, in particular women who are over the age of 40, breast-feeding or pregnant.
Algae-Sourced Calcium is vegan and also suitable for those who's diet may be lacking in balanced calcium sources such as lactose intolerant people.
The vitamin D3 in this product is from algae – a vegan source of vitamin D3.
If taking any kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product
This product is hypoallergenic / does not contain any of the 14 major allergens listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation.
Take 2 capsules in the morning and one in the evening, with meals, or vice versa.
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.